Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Carolinas

South Carolina Fun Facts
- The state dance of South Carolina is the Shag!
-South Carolina is the nation's leading peach producer and shipper east of the Mississippi River.
- Johnston is known as the Peach Capital of the World.

North Carolina Fun facts
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut was founded in Winston-Salem
- The first miniature golf course was built in Fayetteville.
- Pepsi was invented and first served in New Bern in 1898.
- North Carolina leads the nation in furniture, tobacco, brick, and textile production.


Our time in the Carolinas was pretty chilled but hey it rejuvenated us for the red line that was fast approaching in Washington DC. Our first stop was Charleston, South Carolina we roamed the streets perusing stores and I found a replacement moustache ring. I had bought one at a mall in Florida and was feeling on top of the world only to have left it at a hotel a few days later needless to say I was severely depressed for two days until a fellow contikian alerted me to a bling moustache ring she saw in Charleston and I pretty much ran to the store and purchased that bad boy! I am happy to say he is still with me in OZ!



As this was technically our last stop in the South (cue waterworks!!!!!) we decided to go out with a bang in all out southern feast! What better place to do it than Jestine's Kitchen


Sweet tea famous in the south (really sweet iced tea)


Cornbread with butter and syrup DELICIOUS!


Fried Green Tomatoes, finally I get to try them! they were boss


That is one persons serving of fried chicken! Talk about food envy.. I didnt even bother taking a photo of my pecan chicken because I pretty much just wanted Stacey's meal!


Walking it off



The houses are worth a pretty penny in these parts 



Then we hit up North Carolina and went to an all you can eat buffet seriously there was so much food! SERIOUSLY and it was $12.99 #Emerica I miss you already. Then we went disco bowling, I did not win however Stacey came 2nd playing on an all boys team like a boss! In fact I think she even won one of the two games!

~JBomb

No comments:

Post a Comment