Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gobble gobble gobble

So here it is my final days in the US of A! and guess what we have come full circle because
it's turkey time!

This year I contributed to the dessert portion with a delicious aussie pavlova, recipe courtesy of the lovely Antoinette. That right there is my first ever attempt at a meringue base...some might say perfection!


My cousin Zoe was in charge of side dishes and slappetizers!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Butter and Sage



Bbbbbird bird bird bird is the word prepared and stuffed by the lovely Aunty M
An amazing stuffing of pears, cranberries, herbs and breadcrumbs if memory serves...Turkey sold separately


The Slapsgiving (How I Met Your Mother reference) Cocktail of 2011

Pilgrims Progress
Pureed ginger
Honey
Spiced Rum
Lime 
topped with Prosecco

= HEAVEN!



One of my favourite dips of all time created by one of my favourite people of all time!

Zoe's Goat Cheese & Date Dip
Goat Cheese
Dates (soaked in hot water)
Caramelised Onions
Rosemary
Roasted Pine nuts
Roll it together and you have yourself a baller dip, creamy salty cheese with the crunch of pinenuts and sweetness of dates and the aroma of rosemary, oh so goooood!


My Unci Herb and G-dawg prepared the other slappetizer (How I Met Your Mother Reference) 
My Aunty M has had this AMAZING recipe since she graduated high school, it has a killer tangy taste with a kick of mustard and the bread taste amazing dipped in the sauce!

Canal Street Shrimp
Shrimp/Prawns
Wine Vinegar
Garlic
Olive Oil
Scallions/Spring Onions
Cayenne Pepper
Dry Mustard
Salt & Pepper


Ready to carve!



The butternut squash was pureed with the butter and sage essence from above, the bird was carved, the collard greens were steamed, the roasted cauliflower and raisins were crisp, the cranberries were moist and the bird and non bird stuffing were plated, TIME TO EAT!







The family/chefs


My pride and joy PAVLOVA! with strawberries and blueberries OM NOM NOM


1950s housewife, holla!


G-dawgs famous pecan pie!




and of course one last java at the HPC


and there it is my full year of blogging in the USA!

~JBomb

No comments:

Post a Comment